The 20-inch kids’ hybrid bike, has been carefully designed to help maximise the lifetime of the bike for a growing child. It is the ideal multi-purpose bike for 5 to 8-year-olds with an average inside leg of 53cm.
The handlebars can be lowered or raised within a range of 40mm and adjusting the seat height is easy to do at home with the quick release system. This means a Frog Bike will grow with your child making it a great investment.
The bike also offers a lower bottom bracket position to ensure a safer riding position with feet closer to the ground, whilst allowing for a greater leg-length range to be accommodated. An additional 10mm spacer is placed above the handlebar stem to give the option to raise the handlebars higher as your child grows.
Designed and built in Great Britain, our hybrid bikes are perfect for roads, pavements, towpaths and forest trails. They come with mudguards and the option to attach a pannier rack to the frame, for ease of transporting school books and sports kits.
Our bikes inspire children to ride. From their lightweight child-specific frame that is easy to handle and manoeuvre, to the brakes that are specifically designed for small hands to grab, this all results in a confident bike rider who will jump at every opportunity to get out on their bike exploring.
Wheel Size: 20" inch
Why buy a Frog 53?
- Lightweight and sturdy frame, which makes the bike easy to manoeuvre
- The total weight of the bike including pedals is 8.15kg, which is 400g lighter than its predecessor
- Tektro brakes with small, easy to reach brake levers. Better control means improved confidence for young riders
- FrogFitTechnology® youth-specific 8-speed gear shifters with short lever travel and ultraslick cabling make changing gear and undulating rides a breeze
- Patented Frog cranks maintain a low Q-Factor (the distance between the pedals) for easier pedalling. A reduced distance between the pedals allows for maximum leverage on the pedals increasing efficiency
- Quick-release seat post for easy height adjustment as they grow
- Free 5-year warranty on frame and forks
- Reflectors, mudguard and bell included
Available colours*: Electric Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red and Spotty
*Actual colours may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and that everyone sees these colours differently. Our photos show the samples as life-like as possible, but please understand the actual colour may vary slightly as paint batches also have variances. We cannot guarantee that the colour you see accurately portrays the true colour of the product.
Buy a bike from Larkfield Cycles and your first service is on us!
Simply pop the bike back to us and leave it with us for 1-2 working days, where we will make sure the bike is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
We recommend you bring the bike back to us around 6 weeks following your purchase, and will honour this service up to 3 months.
If you require a more comprehensive service please check out our workshop page here